Elementary Registration Steps
Only the Sponsor should submit school and project information - Please do not allow parents or students to register projects.
Schools and Homeschools that have not participated in the past need to contact ELEMstaff@austinscience.org to get your school ready for registration.
Use the most updated version of the Chrome or Firefox Browser to complete the registration forms. Other browsers may cause issues.
Deadline - All four Registration steps must be complete by Thursday, Jan 25
Watch this before proceeding to the steps below.
Step 1 - Register School (opens Dec 1) - Collect and enter school Information
- School contact information
- Sponsor contact information - main person for communication before and during the fair
- Local Science Fair Date
- Student enrollment for entire school
- Estimated number of projects your school is sending - can be changed at any time
- When you register your school you will get a link to your School Page - bookmark this link!
- Once you register your school, all other steps will be initiated from your School Page
Step 2 - Register Student Projects - use the add project button on your school page to register only those projects planning to attend the regional fair.
- Students name(s) - team size limit is a maximum of 3 members
- Grade(s) (highest grade level if team project)
- Project Title
- Special Award recommendation
- Special Need Request
- Teacher Name
- Please check our DQ Rules to make sure each project you enter will be allowed in to GARSEF
Step 3 - Enter Project Research Plans Online - need one online submission for each project
- We have a template available if you want students to practice before entering their Research Plan. They can copy and paste their answers directly into the online form.
- The link to enter research plans can be found on your school page.
- Teachers, parents or students may enter their Online Research Plan, but the sponsor is responsible to make sure a Plan for each project from the school has been submitted. There is a link on your School page to check completed submissions.
Step 4 - Pay for your school projects
- You can download an invoice for your school from your School Page
- You can pay by credit card or check - instructions are on your School Page